Shaker High

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Interesting Quotes from the Semester

-"Miss Neville, are you trying to kill us with Math"

-Me to student: "Why didn't you attend after school detention?" Student: "I forgot which room to go to. I went to 107 rather than 207." Me: "You mean after 13 weeks of being in the same class room you suddenly forgot where to go?" Student: "Yes" --> I had to walk away at this point.

-During the semester I held several conversations regarding the word test vs. quiz or quest. Eventually the word test became forbidden in the classroom.

-Me to student in the back of the room: "Can you please put your shirt down?" Enough said, I don't think I should ever have to say those words in a classroom; however, my students sure did get a laugh.

-"Is this a joke?" --refering to the imaginary number system

-One conversation that stands out is when I asked one of my students to come in afterschool and s/he preceeded to tell me how s/he goes to drug counseling everyday. Why? Well, because s/he started their own meth lab over the summer.

-And the most common quote "Why do we have to know this? I'm never going to see this again."

No comments: