Shaker High

Monday, December 10, 2007

I See the Light

It's 11:oo pm on Monday night.

I have 25 make up tests to grade because my regents students failed their original test miserably. Perhaps, it's because the students thought imaginary numbers were a joke. Or maybe it's because I called it a "test" rather than a quest or quiz. Apparently, test is the new 4 letter word prohibited in the classroom--silly me.

I have to review notes on quadratic inequalities to teach my honor students first and second period tomorrow.

I have my research paper to complete by tomorrow night at midnight.

A peer review to prepare for Wednesday's seminar.

Prep for my final observation on Wednesday.

And lastly, my Mathematics final-say a prayer for me. Roughly 9:00 pm on Wednesday I will have completed my first semester of grad school. (I can almost see the light.) You better believe I'll be celebrating with a bottle of wine and an episode of Private Practice--oh baby oh baby!

At this time I'd like to reflect on the things that got me through this semester. And when things get tough next semester, which I'm sure they will, I can refer to this list as a pick me up or an escape:

Iced coffee, green tea, internet cafes, starbucks--and the guy who is teaching himself Greek (hopefully next semester I'll learn more about him), banning the word stress--it's now called power surges, chocolate, chips and salsa, arios, writing letters, running, e-mailing buddies, yoga, brothers and sisters, shopping for work out clothes, david gray, taylor swift, candlelight, itunes, my diary, kickboxing, quotes, king of queens, reading my horoscope, mud soccer, people watching, eavesdropping, thanksgiving eve, fantasy vacation planning, attending movie theaters solo, sweatpants, hoodies, novels, romantic ideas, '08 election, sing a longs, kashi, my down comforter, charities, naps, happy hours, kraft mac and cheese, merissa, first snowfall, Jamaican rum cream, bread and balsamic vinaigrette, kenny chesney, long drives with music cranked, new friends, old friends, text messaging, hot sauce, mexican food, lark fest, massages, ME days, 5k runs, long showers accompanied by country music, grey's anatomy, belly laughing, taking chances, chisel class, chelsea love, photos of when I did have a social life, a glass of wine, dance parties, flirting, and sleeping!

No comments: